Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Nizo 6080 & an anamorphic lens...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:56 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font></font>

    Original Message reinserted by the moderator to keep the topic thread intact.

    Message:

    Originally posted by Corey:

    If I used a 58mm adapter with a step up (down?) ring and zoomed in until there was no vignetting, could I use a step up ring to the ultra wide III? Or would that totally distort the image?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">How does the uw III work? does it require setting the Nizo at 7mm and macro? or does it allow zoom through? I never had that Nizo or wide lens, yet hehehe

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2003 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, I dont even know. I don't have the UWIII or a manual for my camera yet (an unpixellated version). There is a setting on the camera for the UWIII. It doesn't seem to me that it would matter, but I dont know. I think it allows partial zooming. (??)

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's probably 7mm and then set to macro.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Howdy fellers, I have a Nizo 6080 that I want to use an anamorphic lens with. It seems like all the anamorphic lenses on eBay are pretty small and my Nizo thread size is 62mm. Century optics 16:9 adapter is 58mm, will that work? I think they're working on one for the xl1s which is 72mm, that would be ideal, that way I could use it on my xl1s and Nizo. Any suggestions?

    Corey

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe you will get "vignetting" on the edges of your frame if you use a wide angle attachment that is smaller than your regular thread size.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:56 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font></font>

    Original Message reinserted by the moderator to keep the topic thread intact.

    Originally posted by Corey:
    Howdy fellers, I have a Nizo 6080 that I want to use an anamorphic lens with. It seems like all the anamorphic lenses on eBay are pretty small and my Nizo thread size is 62mm. Century optics 16:9 adapter is 58mm, will that work? I think they're working on one for the xl1s which is 72mm, that would be ideal, that way I could use it on my xl1s and Nizo. Any suggestions?

    Corey
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Its doable with the 58mm. You lose the wide angle portion of your lens cause you'll have to zoom in until the vignetting stops. I'd guess your lens would be reduced to about 25-80mm effective. Since its anamorphic your gaining width so 25mm would actually look less telephoto than it is. A new one for the xl1s should be perfect.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2003 03:23 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A new one for the xl1s should be perfect.
    <font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">See, I don't know if they're actually making one or not.

    If I used a 58mm adapter with a step up (down?) ring and zoomed in until there was no vignetting, could I use a step up ring to the ultra wide III? Or would that totally distort the image?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's a link to the century optics 16:9 adapter - http://www.centuryoptics.com/products/dv/16x9/16x9.htm

    Does anyone know of an anamorphic lens that is 62mm or larger?

    Thanks guys,
    Corey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •